Sunday 2 November 2014

HOLLAND V ADVENTURES.

Met up with some of the 35/12 bunch yesterday at Holland V for what was originally supposed to be a quick lunch, but turned into 5 hours of us visiting practically every cafe in the vicinity. 

We started off at d'Good Cafe. I was pretty turned off at first by the pungent smell of cheese and the mixture of the savoury, sweet and coffee smells. The kitchen was right next to the coffee machines and the dessert stands, and the place was pretty cramped, so that explains it. Devin couldn't stand it HAHA.

Most of us ordered pastas, except Sok who ordered French Toast. I had the Meatball Marinara which really wasn't all that fantastic. The flavour of the sauce was mild and didn't give me the kick I was looking for in the dish, but the portion of meatballs that it had was definitely very generous. It made the dish worth the $15.50 I paid. Someone celebrating a birthday next to us had a humongous jug of what looked like iced chocolate or something, which looked extremely tempting to say the least.


In search of some good coffee after our meal we popped by T Time (I'm not sure if that's the correct name or spelling), but it didn't have a table for 5. We moved on to Craft Bakery Cafe and managed to find seats there. The thing that first striked me was the halloween deco, which was really on point. The entire place was covered in orange cotton (to make it seem like spider webs), and other halloween-y things that really put it's customers (or myself at least) in the halloween spirit. The cotton was pretty annoying though, it kept sticking to me!

Some of the cakes were also given a Halloween-twist, especially the Sea-Salt Caramel cake you see below. I thought the dessert display looked really appetising, but I was too full to try anything. I went with my usual, an iced Bailey's latte. It's one of the only flavoured coffees I've had where both the tastes of the coffee and the flavouring (in this case the alcohol) are equally strong, and where you get the essence of the drink with a single sip. The others got a couple of coffees too.


We then tried some churros from churrosity, which was pretty so-so. Sorry, don't have any pictures of that to show ya. We had two large cups, with chocolate and dulce de leche (a South American confection made with sweetened milk) toppings. Yes, I googled it.

Looking for a place to just chill we ended up at The Daily Scoop across the road. Devin first introduced me to the place, where they have excellent coconut ice cream, and a lot of varied flavours to choose from. Plus they had free flow of water, which is what most of us had. Hehe. Sok got herself a scoop of Lychee Martini while Dan Ling went with avocado.


I really didn't expect to have visited that many places in one afternoon, but well, we did. And now I am officially broke and can't wait to get my pay this month. Super satisfied though. Signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment