Friday 7 November 2014

PACAMARA BOUTIQUE COFFEE ROASTERS.

I popped on over to Pacamara this morning to get some breakfast with my mum and sis. I'd been wanting to try it for a while since it first opened a couple of weeks ago, in my very own neighbourhood. I love that Upper Thomson's now becoming like the next Holland V, and a hub for all the things that I like - coffee, ice cream and good food. 

Pacamara's different in a sense that the entire place is painted white, and they have huge glass panels instead of walls that surround the vicinity. It definitely made me feel like I had more space to myself, and the positioning of the tables and stuff makes sure that you don't ever feel cramped when in the cafe. The glass panels also provides aspiring photographers like me a lot of natural light which I really liked. I think the pictures turned out pretty great because of it.


The food is generally on the more expensive side of cafe prices, with the coffee already costing 5 to 6 dollars. The mains obviously cost more (I would say you'd pay an average of about $15). It was all pretty worth it though. I originally planned on getting my Mum to pay but because I had to order first while she tried to find parking I ended up paying. *Sighs*. I'M SO BROKE.

While my sister just got an iced chocolate, I got a mocha for myself along with some red velvet pancakes with mascarpone and berries. As you can see for yourself, the pancakes looked like perfection. The colours on the plate were really nice, and the pancakes were perfectly round and fluffy. AND LOOK AT THAT MASCARPONE. The pancakes tasted good as well, except that they didn't have that distinct flavour of red velvet that I was really looking forward to. They just tasted like the ordinary pancakes that you'd usually have. The mascarpone and berries really complemented each other though, and that's what makes the dish worth all the calories. Gotta head back to the gym next week.


Mum had a 5oz latte and a granola with yoghurt and mixed fruit, which I didn't try. It looked really neat though. I currently have a kind of obsession with clear jars like the one holding the yoghurt and granola. I can't explain it.


Well, that's one more cafe I've added to my list of favourites. Right now my top two are One Man and this. Go give it a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment