Sunday 23 November 2014

XMAS DECORATING.

I just love this time of year. When we finally get together as a family to put up the Christmas tree to the calm tunes of holiday music. I love that we go all out to make the entire first floor of the house look so utterly majestic for Christmas, when we don't even really celebrate it in the traditional way. It just puts all us in a good mood to come home to the sight of the yellow lighting and colourful tree.

This year's tree was no different - we always go for a really messy kind of look, where we just load the tree with almost every single decoration in our collection. I don't think we ever tried colour-coding it, but it always turns out looking absolutely incredible. People all love it, and it's become our signature Christmas look that I'm kinda hoping we never change.


We usually put everything up in stages, with the tree and the lights before we finish up with the other colourful decorations. This year we found time to finish everything in a single day. I love how we just forget about all our troubles and shit that's going on in our lives as we get together to put the tree up. Just saying. I can't wait for December to arrive, and I can't wait till Christmas Day itself. I hope we have a genuinely joyous one.



No comments:

Post a Comment