Saturday 25 October 2014

BACK TO ONE MAN.

Headed back to One Man yesterday for some breakfast this time, and the experience really reinforced my love for the cafe. While Habitat was full (as usual), and there was a 40 minute waiting time, One Man was really professional. You see, they have an automated system where you make your booking when you reach the place, and they give you a call when your table is ready. Plus, it took a mere 10 minutes before I was called. AWESOME.

After much deliberation I decided to have their brioche french toast with salted caramel, caramelised bananas and fresh cream, which tasted like heaven. The bread was perfectly soft, and the other ingredients added the perfect level of sweetness to balance the dish, and yet give it fantastic flavour. I need to have it again. I got myself a mocha as well. Mum went with a croissant with butter and jam and a cappuccino - her favourite, while Sanchay went with his typical chocolate filled order with pain au chocolate and a cup of ice chocolate to accompany it. 


While waiting for our orders to arrive I couldn't help but admire the range of colourful cakes they had on display. They all looked so goooood! Seriously though. The fact that the cakes had really unique and interesting flavours made it even more enticing but we were too full after our breakfast to get anything. Speaking of breakfast, the portions were just right, and everything was considerably cheap, so for those of you on a tight budget but who still want quality, try One Man. 


Getting back to the cakes, the ones on display were the root beer chocolate cake with a pistachio topping, rose with raspberry buttercream and if I remember correctly, a salted caramel cake as well.


Don't they look absolutely stunning? I'm so thankful that the place is so close to home, too bad it closes just before I end work. Sigh. Be back soon, One Man! Check ya later.





No comments:

Post a Comment