Friday 26 September 2014

JONES THE GROCER.

I was home the past few days cos I felt really tired out from guard duty. My head and back ached and I just needed rest especially after the surgery I had earlier this year. Since my Mum finally arrived back from her business trip to Monte Carlo and London, we thought we'd go for some brunch at Jones the Grocer.

I love the ambience the place has, although it's definitely not as cosy or quaint as the newer little cafes that have been opening up all over the island. It isn't just the food, which is pretty so so, but the fact that they have everything from a whole cheese room to chocolate, sweets and even fancy sauces and ingredients that are really not easy to find elsewhere. My Mum struggled to walk out after our meal without picking up a couple of yummy products (which we usually end up leaving in our pantry to spoil).


They had a pretty impressive spread of desserts and pastries as well, more than I remember seeing the last time I was there. Though they weren't that much to look at and we didn't try them, I've heard they're quite alright.




The cheese room, which stinks like hell:


I had a big breakfast and a mocha while my Mum had some bacon and eggs and 2 cappuccinos. You see where I get my love for coffee from.







The cafe at Dempsey Hill's definitely one of our favourites, having been there umpteen times already for reliable service, big spaces and good coffee. I'll probably be heading back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment